When a payment fails the first time around, you can choose to automatically retry the transaction up to two times. This is a setting that can be enabled in each product. This can be a very effective way to get the invoice paid after failure in cases of insufficient funds, since the chances are high the customer might have enough money on their bank account a few days later.
However, for some types of failed payments, it's no use to create and process a new transaction, for example when the bank account has been closed.
For the following reason (codes), eCurring can automatically retry the transaction and will schedule it for 3 days after the failed status becomes known:
- AM04: Insufficient funds
- MS03: Other reason (reason unknown)
If the reason code is one of the below, eCurring will not plan a new transaction. However, you do have the option to send out a payment reminder. If a payment is rejected because of one of the below reason codes and payment reminders are enabled, the customer will immediately receive their first reminder.
- MD01: No Valid Mandate
- MD06: Return of funds requested by end customer
- MD07: End Customer Deceased
- MS02: Refusal by the Debtor (Reason has not been specified)
- SL01: Specific Service offered by debtor bank
- AC01: Account identifier incorrect (i.e. invalid IBAN)
- AC04: Closed Account Number
- AC06: Account blocked / Account blocked for Direct Debit by the Debtor
- AG02: Incorrect information